Saturday, May 25, 2013

House Mouse Kissin' Fish

I had so much fun with this one.  I don't remember the name of the stamp, sorry.  One of my house mouse list members sent me this image, and I love it.  I have the best members in the who world ;).  Someday I will own this stamp;)  but I had to color it and when I finished I thought how am I going to layer this ...so I used the purplish pink card stock and sparkly  blue glitter stock (you know me, somewhere there has to be glitter,  and I glittered up the water lily's and used a lattice die  cut  that I found in a sale bin someplace and then I was stumped  so I sat on the floor and thought and remembered that Mark and I had bought some avocados and they came in a green net.  Now if there is fish there has to be net somewhere right?  So that was my thinking anyway.  Then I needed flowers but I didn't have any the same color as the lilly and so I found in a corner some old white artificial flowers off  a decoration.  I cut them smaller and tried to put pointed edges like the lilly and colored them with  Copics R22 (light prawn) and R85 (rose red) and blended them with my blender pen.  Anyway I added the green stones and highlighted the card with blue chalk pad that one of my members sent me (Thank you Carlota)   Boy I am rambling aren't I.  Sorry, I guess I am talking to you since I don't have anyone else to talk to :)  Hugs, Cathy


9 comments:

  1. beautiful so gorgeous, thank you for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I love this stamp too, and you have colored it up beautifully. Such a clever idea to use the green mesh , looks great with this little scene. So glad you joined us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and shared this wonderful card. Hope you will join us often.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should call this Fish Kiss. Too stinkin cute.. Love your card. Thanks for joining us in the fun at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card, I love your lattice panel and lovely colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends.
    Pauline GDT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Cathy! Love how you used the net.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and your way of thinking on recycling that green net bag. It turned out precious. and I love those precious little House Mouse characters so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ramble away, I like following the thought process of other creative people. Your card is super I love all the detail and the matching flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cute mousey creation..lovely image & design great use of the green nets..

    Thanks for sharing at House Mouse & friends chall this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete